Certified in Information Assurance, CIA
About the CIA Certification Program
In the digital age information is what drives the world. Information has always been critical, wars have been won or lost based on who had the best intelligence. It is believed that China depends on economic espionage to drive its economy; and that the Russian government largely turns a blind eye to organized cyber criminal activity.
This certification will ensure that an individual has the information they need to recognize, and prevent the most common methods of information theft. It will ensure that the certificant has a basic understanding of how to secure their workspace against active theft of sensitive information, and has a basic working knowledge of how to identify and avoid social engineering attempts. Upon granting of the certification, the certificant will be granted the right to display the designation CIA after their name.
Recommended Educational/Work Experiences.
- One year in a computer driven, sensitive information rich work place or completion of comparable IT/CIS degree or certificate program.
Benefits of Certification
- Demonstration you have the knowledge to not be the weak link in the information security chain
- Demonstrate a commitment to Professional Development
- Grants recognition of knowledge and skills by a third party
- Enhances professional reputation
- Provides personal accomplishment
- Supports continued professional development
- Demonstrates a high level of commitment to the field of practice
- Demonstrates a specific level of knowledge and skill
- Increases opportunities for career advancement and/or increased earnings
- Validates skills and knowledge
- Communicates credibility
- Serves as a differentiator in a competitive job market
- Meets employer or governmental requirements