Certified in Homeland Security, CHS® Level I
General Eligibility Requirements
The following general eligibility requirements must be met by all ABCHS applicants:
- U.S. Citizenship (or Active Duty status in the U.S. military)
- At least two years experience
- No felony convictions
- No dishonorable discharge from the U.S. military (for U.S. Veterans only)
- Neither a record of disciplinary action from any state, province or territory, or licensing or certification board within the past 10 years nor subject under any such investigation
- Agreement to uphold the ABCHS Code of Conduct
CHS Level I (CHS-I) - Homeland Security Generalist
In addition to meeting all general eligibility requirements to sit for ABCHS certification exams, applicants must have at least two (2) years of experience combined with general training, knowledge, skill, and education within their respective homeland security-related area, such as security, law enforcement, fire service, military, emergency management, cyber security, public health, hazardous materials, medical, or other related areas.
"The CHS program provides a great opportunity to give back to my chosen profession of security and to help protect my beloved country during a period of ominous peril. As a new grandfather, I also feel that we did not inherit this beautiful land from our forefathers, rather we are merely borrowing its use from our grandchildren whose freedom and security we must ensure for generations to come."
- Herman Statum, CHS-V